Saturday, December 30, 2023

I Love Purple!

I really DO love purple, but that is also the name of a recent line from Judie Rothermel. Just this week this arrived in the mail from a recent acquaintance, and it was like Christmas all over again! Thank you so much to my benefactor!

I promptly went to the Marcus Fabrics website and downloaded the free pattern for a quilt using this line.
Even though I am still in a "no new starts" phase, I am allowing myself one or two small projects this year, because I have been such a good girl for the past 14 months. I think I will make a large baby quilt or small lap quilt from the blocks in this design. You can find the pattern here.


But before I launch on something new, I am making myself get in a couple of finishes. Maybe the quilt shown below will be one of them. You can read more about this one here.


This is a younger sibling to another Mini Burgoyne Surrounded shown below, that I did earlier in a controlled scrappy version. You can read more about that one here.

I have been working on these little red and white blocks recently while Zooming with the Chookshed Stitchers. I have one block left to assemble, and then I can put that last row together and put the border around the whole thing before figuring out how I will quilt it.

Always fun to catch up with these gals from around the world. Lots of laughs, solving world problems, and learning from each other, while we sometimes get some stitching in. And I am thrilled that my new iPad lets me see 16 gals at one time, rather than the 9 that were visible on my iPad mini.

I finally got my Nativities post from last year updated with this year's purchases and gifts. I have made it a "Page" under my header photo. It is the very last one listed, and is (very creatively--NOT) named "Nativities." :) You can just click the link here.

It may be a bit shocking to see a post from me already, since I just posted a week ago after a more than 2 month drought. But I am really going to try to do better! This was my last chance this year, and I made the most of it.

Wishing you all peace and happiness in the new year, and the hope that you will choose kindness!

Until next time,

Janet O.


This was the sunset behind my house when I headed out for my walk this evening. It wasn't expansive, and the color didn't last long, but it was pretty while it was there.






21 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing progress on your projects. While you cheer from the sidelines of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I looking at the Wellsville's or the mountain range to the East in your last photo? I love it.
    I like how you keep yourself in check. It is a great strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you in Zoom the other day. Good luck with your finishes, so you can play with your new fabrics. Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those purples are stunning...anxious to see them at work! Yes zooming with our peeps is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy purple too, and am looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple fabrics are so pretty! Love seeing all your projects and getting blog updates! Happy (almost) new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your purples!!! Enjoy! Your tiny quilts always inspire me, with their beauty and your accuracy. Happy New Year, and prayers for the best year yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! I'm not particularly a purple girl but these fabrics are amazing. I picked out my favorites and I'm going to have to see if I can find them at the LQS. Look forward to seeing what your create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fabrics!! It will be fun to see what you make! The sunset was gorgeous! Happy New Year! Carol in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your purple fabrics are gorgeous, I like the pattern you've chosen for them - very you! Your mountain sunsets are always so peaceful, especially the more muted ones like this one. May your new year be blessed with peace and tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That red and white Mini Burgoyne Surrounded, looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, so cute. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had a catch-up with what you've been up to the last few months. Thank you so much for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers during these health challenges of mine this year. I must admit I'm relieved to see the end of 2023. Your fabrics are beautiful! Purple is a favorite to me too as my birth stone is amethyst. :). Your quilts are all as beautiful as I remember, and your work is exquisite. Julie K and I were just talking about me doing a scrap Christmas quilt this afternoon, so I'm on a bit of a quest now for Christmas scraps. :). Your kayaking encourages me to get well so I can put my little yellow 'boat' in the water come warm Summertime. Happy New Year, Janet, to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Purple is my equal favourite colour :) I've always loved a red/white combination. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oohhh that is beautiful fabric , looking forward to see you creating and cheering!! Beautiful photo of the sunset behind your house with the mountains and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Mum would have loved your purple fabrics. Your tiny quilts have always amazed me, so intricate. To see a sky like that is natures gift. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year & shall I say happy Easter in case I miss those! Lol....quilty hugs from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  17. always a pretty view towards the mountains...........
    love the purple fabrics........might need to hunt a few of those down..........always wonderful to catch up on zoom.........good to see some progress on the mini...........

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful post, Janet! Love those purples and the pattern you've chosen. You are so close to finishing that little Burgoyne piece! Beautiful sunset as always. Barbara S.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year! Wonderful to see a post from you. Gorgeous sunset. Stunning minis. What a great gift, the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, what a happy post!! And I too, love purple!! Your little, and I do mean little, red quilt is wonderful!! It's a lovely companion to the Blue Burgoyne Surrounded!! Hope 2024 is our best one yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year!
    Those purples are just lovely. My friend, Jill Reid, used it in almost every quilt.
    Your tiny Burgoyne surrounded are incredible! I'm in total awe of your tiny perfect pieces.
    Your sunset photo is so peaceful and calm and just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to have your comments and feedback.