Saturday, October 31, 2015

A little late to the (Halloween) party...

... but Julie, this is for you--a fulfillment of your request for pictures of Halloween quilts and decor.
Most of the Halloween stuff has been posted in years past, but here we go again. I struggle to divide the Fall quilts and decor from Halloween, since they seem to trip over each other in occurrence. It felt like Summer all through September this year, so the Fall decorations didn't even cross my mind, until we were halfway through October. You are going to get a mix here, which is often how it happens at my house, anyway.
"Poor Li'l Punky Loves Pineapple" was made using Julie Letvin's Poor Li'l Punky pincushion pattern (Look on page 5 of her "Let's go shopping" header).




I did actually make Punky pincushions, too. Here are the four I made, but three of them were gifted.



 This Poor Li'l Punky is the only one that remains at my house.






October Lamb for All Seasons, adapted from  Lisa Bongean's Old Glory Gatherings pattern.

And this is the Fall quilt adapted from the same pattern. 
 
 You've already seen Linus in his pumpkin patch. Those pumpkins grow all over the place.








The Candy Corn banner in my dining room was made by DD#2.

Little Halloween quilts tucked here and there. "Dark and Stormy Night" and "Pumpkin Patch"


I didn't make this as a Halloween quilt, but it seems to fit. "Burgoyne Strikes Gold"

These two little Fall quilts hang in my kitchen. "Autumn Afternoon" and "Tumbling in the Leaves"





This flimsy is made from leftover HSTs from a hands-on experience at a LQS after a Carmen Geddes demo last year. As we were making one large leaf block for a hotpad, the shop owner said we could throw away the cut off HSTs. I think I whimpered and she laughed and said, "Or you can give them to Janet."
I made the blocks last year, but just barely stitched up the top yesterday. Maybe by next year it will be quilted. : )
Haven't named it yet. The larger leaves finish at 3", the smaller ones are 2 1/2". 
I need to get it finished so I can fill this little ladder with Fall colored quilts. Right now it is two out of three. I keep my seasonal children's books in that little trunk for when the grandchildren visit.
That is all for the seasonal stuff. Update on current projects...


"Floating Foxes" was completed in time for the birthday. It was on the bed of granddaughter Abby when she came home from school. : ) Even got the matching pillowcase made.




















My red/white Burgoyne Surrounded is so much easier to put together than the scrappy "Burgoyne Strikes Gold". Second block was completed last night. I've even found a red that isn't quite solid, that I think I will like as the sashing. Have been out of my little valley a couple of times this week and managed to squeeze in visits to a couple of favorite quilt shops, Village Dry Goods (in Brigham City, UT) and Elaine's Quilt Block (in Cottonwood Heights, UT). If you are traveling through Northern Utah, I highly recommend them both.

Until next time,
Janet O.

32 comments:

  1. Wow Janet, You sure have a lot of cute Halloween decorations. The quilts are all just wonderful and Linus in his pumpkin patch is even cuter than the last time I saw him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!! You know I LOVE all your fall stuff!! Just my colors!!

    The floating foxes and matching pillow case are Perfect!! I'm sure GD LOVED it!!!

    Your little r&w is darling! Your minis continue to amaze me!!

    Maybe we can visit the quilt shops together someday!!

    Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a treat when you hold "open house" after decorating for the latest season! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your quilts, especially the pineapple one, I love fall anyway, October is MY month! So fun to see what others have created. We went though Ut on our way to Az for the winter. Next time I will shout out Hi and wave, lol. Put you in my favs... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty festive quits and pumpkins. I'm jealous of your visit to Elaine's. I haven't made it over there yet and I've been home 11 mos. What did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts! Hard to pick a favorite. Sure glad you did not let those HST's get tossed-they made a mighty fine quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting the birthday quilt done! I bet your granddaughter was thrilled when she saw it on her bed. I always love your Lamb of all Season quilts. You certainly have quite the pumpkin patch at your house! Did you make all of those? They are super cute. I think I like Dark & Stormy Night and Pumpkin Patch the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to pick a favorite of the Halloween style quilts. I like two of them very much. The pineapple log cabin with the pumpkin in the middle and the Burgoyne quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh janet you are so blessed to have such a lovely and lavishly decorated home...it feels so warm and cozy even from here in maine....all your little quilts and decorations are beautiful! worthy of a magazine spread....true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Festive and Fun! I love seeing quilts pics more than once. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodie! Thank you, Janet; your quilts are just darling! I enjoy your punky! Just so cute! The perfect post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Wow, Wow! That's a lot of awesome decorating!!! Just beautiful work! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh Janet what a beautiful post !
    Your Halloween decorations are awesome and it's very hard to tell you what is my favourite !
    I love them all !! Bravo !
    Your second tiny block is pretty ! Well done !
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hardly had time to put out my Pumpkin on the porch sign. Too many other places to be this week. Fall is just too depressing to me. Bring on the SPRING! I love that your friends shared their scraps with you. A Leaf quilt is on my list of to-dos someday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your autumn/Halloween/pumpkin pieces are so beautiful! I adore the October Lamb and the Fall Lamb. And the candy corn banner -- that's TOO cute!! My favorite (which may surprise you, because of all your funtastic pumpkins) is "Burgoyne Strikes Gold". Wow - what a stunner! I'm going to do something with that some day!! Happy November hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your decor....but those last 2 red blocks, just take my breathe away! So tiny and so striking. I struggle with a 3" block and you work with 1/8" pieces! This one will be fabulous.
    So glad the foxes got finished and found their home....looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything you've shared is so wonderful! I really love your pumpkin and pineapple quilt. Also, I love your use of clips for attaching quilts to hangers. I am making a small quilt now and that would be perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything, but a tiny Burgoyne is amazing! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your little fall projects are so cute! I didn't put a single thing out this year--my bad!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray! thanks to Julie we got a tour of your wonderful fall decorations and quilts. I love your candy corn swag. I remember your pineapple pumpkin mini - too cute!!
    what a fabulous collection you have.
    so how long does it take to make a mini BS block? they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for extending the season for all of us! I love them all. Your Burgoyne Surrounded blocks (and quilt) are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's heavenly with all that wonderful quiltyness around your home!
    Too funny that you were "whimpering" about throwing out the scraps... I can just picture you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many beautiful little quilts and pillows, thank you for sharing. We don't celebrate Halloween but it is becoming more popular with the children here. I do love the idea of decorating for the seasons though, so nice to see all your pumpkins....I love pumpkins and made a couple a few years ago, but might need to makes some more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - you do lots of Fall/Halloween decorating! All such cute little quilts and pin cushions. Thanks for sharing them again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great share! Love your little Linus and all his pumpkin friends. All your decor looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super sweet! Not much halloween decor made it out at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love fall but where did October go? Love Linus in the pumpkin patch. Everything is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. As usual, a visit to your blog is a veritable feast for the eyes and a treat for the quilt-lover's soul. Thank you for a wonderful house tour of your seasonal quilts and decor. I love the idea of keeping seasonal children's books out for little visitors, I am going to adopt this practice. Your Burgoyne Surrounded in miniature is amazing and the Floating Foxes quilt is just as cute as it can be, I know that will be loved and treasured forever!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Janet, I could just read, read and reread your blog, the photos are so beautiful and your work is so tiny. I certainly wouldn't attempt anything like your work, I sure do love it. The pineapple pattern with the
    jack-o-lantern is soooooo sweet. All the miniatures are amazing, and the Foxes are also special. Sure would love to get Sandi in a group as big as yours. Her comments are few and she would love to have more. Hope you and your family are doing well ?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Always love your little quilt displays! Saw your comment re Tucker Mystery and can't wait to see where you "tuck" yours when it's finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It happened to me this time! I was searching your blog to link the fox quilt to my post about Abby's birthday and found a post I had not seen before. Don't know how that happened :)
    Anyway, I love the different sized leaves on the mini...hadn't seen that one yet.
    You're always so festive :)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to have your comments and feedback.