I like what she did with it. I told her I didn't want feminine-looking feathers, and that she could stipple the "coins" because there was so much activity in that area that fancy stitching probably wouldn't show anyway. I also wanted straight lines in the gold strip.
Seeing this quilt reminds me of a string quilt I started at the same time, so I dug out the blocks. I used the leftover sashing/border fabric from the "Coins" quilt to make the centers of these string blocks. I just barely had enough of the black to make the required number of strings if I piece the last few. I really like these blocks and would love to finish them, but I need to get some other quilts with deadlines finished first.
|I haven't even trimmed and pressed the last block I made.|
|You can see that the middle strip is the same as the fabric|
in the Chinese Coins quilt.
I'll end with these blocks You may remember the first one that was a block from a vintage quilt featured over at Collector With A Needle. When I made it I cut extra thinking I might make two of them. Ended up there wasn't enough of everything for two full blocks, but I played around with the leftover bits and pieces and came up with the block on the right, which shall be nameless.
'Til next time, from the little mountain valley where it is raining and in the 60s today (in the middle of June!!!),