Classical music fans may recognize my play on the name of this little quilt. This is what I made for Randy (barristersblock blog) for our April swap. She received it this weekend, so I can share it with you now. And since it is basically all I have sewn lately that you haven't already seen a few times, this is all I have to share.
This time around I chose the fabric we would use (we could add anything else we wanted to, but I sent her half of some jelly roll strips from Barbara Brackman's Richmond Reds line, and that was our base). Randy suggested the theme of Log Cabins, or any variation of them, and we decided to stick with the 12" size. I haven't received mine from Randy yet, but she tells me she has used her own variation of those guidelines. Can't wait to see. : )
Each of the blocks I made was taken from this book. I scanned and reduced until I had them the size I wanted. Then I printed them on newsprint and foundation pieced the blocks.
This shows the back of the top, pre-paper removal. The blocks finished at around 3", I believe.
The quilting was all stitch-in-the-ditch. With blocks this small and busy, I felt like more than that would look out of place.
Thanks for playing along, Randy! I enjoyed the challenge. : )
Now I look forward to May, when I have a little quilt swap lined up with another blog friend.
Until next time,